Raman Spectroscopy for Analysis of Suspect Materials with a New Tactical Design and Improved Sensitivity.
Now, a Progeny™ ResQ™ with the combination of Raman spectroscopy and colorimetrics has arrived: The ResQ™ CQL. The new tactical rugged design offers an optimized functionality for measurements under stressful and difficult conditions. Additionally to the 1064 nm advantage the ResQ™ CQL contains a QuickDetect mode which provides automated colorimetrics for trace or non-visible sample amounts.
Fast & reliable lab-quality results in a new tactical design
The ResQ™ CQL provides first responders, border patrol and law enforcement with an advanced method for identifying potential threats in an enhanced tactical design, improving functionality especially in high-stress environments. By combining the 1064nm Raman advantage with improved ergonomics and sample presentation, the ResQ™ CQL makes it even easier to perform chemical analyses of powders, liquids, gels, mixtures and more. Some of the outstanding features of the ResQ™ CQL at a glance:
- Even easier operation due to new design, also when wearing M3 type protective clothing
- Rugged design, waterproof (IP68) and certified to MIL-STD 810G
- Analyzes traces and non-visible samples thanks to QuickDetect
- Avoids fluorescence of the sample – also measures colored substances
With ResQ™ CQL emergency services can react quickly and safely on site to incidents and thus maintain public safety. The device starts up in only 40 seconds, so that the first result can be obtained in less than a minute. Among other things it offers:
- Clearly presented results within seconds
- A continuously growing and user-expandable database with more than 12500 substances
- The possibility to measure through many types of containers – so no direct contact with the sample is necessary.
- Battery replacement during operation
The QuickDetect™ Software
The QuickDetect™ software offers a mode for automatic colorimetry of trace amounts or non-visible samples for ResQ™ CQL spectrometers. This new feature avoids the subjectivity of conventional color reagent kits to increase the safety of first responders. By combining the industry’s most advanced portable 1064 nm Raman analysis with QuickDetect™, users can take advantage of the first field ready Raman analyzer that enables both bulk and trace analysis of hazardous chemicals, narcotics, explosives and chemical warfare agents in seconds. The following features of the optionally available software render the ResQ™ CQL the instrument of choice for the security industry:
- Identify bulk and trace quantities
- Measure non-visible substances
- No subjective influences on the colorimetric measurement
- Compatible with MobileDetect™ pouches
4C™ Technology – Detecting Criminal Intent & Threats
Individual substances from which drugs or explosives can be produced are not always easily recognized, so that possible criminal intentions or even immediate threats are recognized too late or not at all. The 4C™ mode makes this problem a thing of the past. After switching to 4C™ mode, the recorded results are combined by an algorithm over a defined period of time. If illegal substances can be produced from the measured samples, the device displays the potential illegal substance and sends out an alarm so that the user can react accordingly.
Integrated Digital Camera & Barcode Scanner
The integrated camera allows the recording of images of the measured sample as well as the reading of QR and barcodes for fast and reliable documentation.
Comprehensive Certifications & Conformity
The ResQ™ CQL goes beyond the industry standards for traditional portable Raman analysis. To ensure a high quality application in the field with accepted test methods, the ResQ™ CQL has undergone several certifications, including:
- MIL-STD 810-G
- SWGDRUG category A for presumptive tests
- SWGDRUG Category C for confirmation tests (with QuickDetect)
- FDA 21 CFR Part 11 traceable reports
- IP-68 Decontamination
- ISO 9001:2015 certified production facility
ResQ™ CQL has been specifically designed to meet the needs of those who encounter stressful and unpredictable environments. Features include:
- A smart phone-inspired user interface with touchscreen display
- Navigation via large buttons according to military specifications
- Slim design that allows one-handed operation
- MIL-STD 810G & IP-68 certified, rugged and durable.
- Easy to decontaminate.
Name: ResQ™ CQL
Product type: handheld Raman spectrometer
Excitation wavelength: 1064 nm
Optical Power: 30-490 mW
Spectral range: 200- 2500 cm-1
Spectral resolution: 8-11 cm-1
Detector: TE cooled InGaAs
Standard Library: More than 12500 compounds including CWA, explosives, TIC/TIM, narcotics
Certification: MIL-STD 810 G & IP-68
QuickDetect automated Colorimetrics: optional
Industry Regulation Compliance:
- SWGDRUG Category A technique for presumptive testing
- SWGDRUG Category C technique for confirmatory testing (with addition of QuickDetect)
- FDA21 CFR Part 11
Connectivity: USB, WiFi
Digital camera: included, with barcode scanner
User interface: touchscreen & large softkey buttons
Battery Power: two rechargeable Li-Po batteries included
Size: 18.5 cm x 15 cm x 7.9 cm
Weight: 1.4 kg
If you are interested in further information you can contact our service department using the contact form.